[log in to unmask] (Mike Horwath) writes:
>Reason for service degradation:
>    Physical hardware failure of one of our routers to the Internet.

Yes, a blade on one of our core routers failed.

We had detected recoverable errors on this blade the prior week, and
spares were in place, ready for an announcement of a maintenance
window on the wee hours of the morning of Sep 02, 2012 (as I don't
like announcing things weeks out ahead of time as people forget, and
tomorrow was originally booked for me to be busy).

BUT, these recoverable errors turned to fatal errors today, and
brought this router down.

Since the spares were ready to go already, I replaced the bad blade,
and brought the router back up and running pretty quickly, and now
the window on 2 Sep 2012 isn't needed.

I see our upstream on this router (TW Telecom) isn't responding yet
though. I have physical connection up, but not layer-2, so I'll have
to open a ticket with them to find out what is going on. One they
come back online, there will be some slight routing adjustments, and
everything should settle back down.

If you have any problems or questions please let us know at
[log in to unmask], or call us up at 612-337-6340.

--
Doug McIntyre