On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Mike Horwath <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 10:57:00PM -0500, Jeremy Lumby wrote:
>> I had a network engineer at one such large carrier say to me that
>> they did not wa nt to recommend joining MICE to management because
>> there were no maintenance fees, and therefore they were afraid that
>> MICE may not be around long term for lack of reliable maintenance
>> funds.

I have run into this as well. Items like this are significantly
hindering our growth.

> MICE UG will be a great place to discuss things.

I partially disagree. Waiting to discus or research these issues until
a UG will lead to endless cycles of waiting and discussion. We need to
have actionable items and consensus built prior to the meeting and use
the meeting to vote. If you can't be at the meeting in person assign a
proxy in advance.

Almost all of our progress to date has been individuals grabbing some
problem and taking care of it semi-independently.

We need to come to the UG with proposals ready or almost ready for adoption.

> Where is it at? :) (Hi Jay!)

Doug and Anthony are running this, I'll defer to them regarding the renumbering.

jay