On Wednesday, September 05, 2012 at 22:57 Jeremy Lumby wrote:
> Personally I feel that it is probably not the source of decreased traffic,
> however the IP address renumbering seems to have fallen by the wayside
> post switch swap out.  I was hoping to only bring my sessions back up
> after renumbering, so as to not need to take them down again, however when
> it stalled I decided to bring the old ones back up.

Jeremy,

Only half of the numbering is assigned.  I have been holding off on contacting our peers until we have an IPv6 assignment so to keep the number of touches to a minimum.  I am sure more traction will be seen once a more formal plan is finalized.  Luckily, multiple IPv6 addresses are a bit easier to deal with on routers than having multiple IPv4 addresses.

Regards,

Andy Koch
TDS Telecom - IP Network Operations
Desk: 608-664-4694