Thanks for all the work and input on this.

I got a chance to play with the orange squares this morning. I
adjusted the Relative value of the 10G to 1G to 2.64, basically to
make the 10G port cost come out to 1k per solar cycle. The total 10G
at $1440 (1k + 440) seemed to be reasonable.

Remote Switches

I'd further propose that remote switch operators pay their port fee
but not an IP fee unless they are peering as well. Anyone who pays any
fee is a member and has voting rights. Which is a change from our
current requirement of having 1 BGP session. Any AS connected to a
remote switch pays the IP Fee and the port costs are between them and
the remote switch "owner".

Remote Switch owners must provide superuser rights to MICE for their
switches to provide common administration. I'd also argue the
equipment switching must be dedicated. Remote switch operators are
responsible for all the costs associated with running their remote
switches. Addition of future switches requires Board of Governors
approval, and likely some written agreement in the future.

Remote Switches applies to attaching a L2 fabric to the network not
transporting single connections.

I think MICE not purchase or provide any transport period. If other
parties want to offer that service I don't see an issue with it

Grace Period

I'd advocate offering a six month grace for new members on either 1G
or 10G ports for new participants.

Small Networks

Under this model, small networks could connect to a "cheaper" remote
switch so they would have a way to connect and participate in MICE
that's feasible for them. ~$500/year isn't a huge hurdle.

Expansion beyond 511

I think MICE should focus on getting our ducks in a row in 511 for
now. I would be open to "seeding" a second exchange somewhere else in
the Midwest.

Promotion

We should budget something for promotion and holding events.
Organizing a UG is a PITA when you need to get everything for free. In
addition, we may need to chip in for some travel at some point.

Remote Hands

Entering in a contract for 24x7 support is also something we should explore.

--
Jay Hanke
CTO, CCIE #19093