On Fri, Oct 05, 2012 at 01:50:26PM -0500, Dean Bahls wrote:
> The only comment I have is regarding the acquisition of new members.
> Since MICE is still relatively young, I'd encourage us to look at
> ways to make it easy for companies to come on board.  Can we extend
> the life expectancy of hardware from 3 years to 5 or 6 years?  The
> switches really should live much longer than 3 years in the way we
> are using them.

Extending the life won't give enough revenue to buy another set of
switches.

So extending the life would not really change the fee structure much.

> And one question: A significant portion of the annual cost is
> related to the Base Member Fee, and a large portion of that is
> associated with the Cologix-donated space and power fees that are
> currently forgiven.  I agree with the notion that charging members
> for those otherwise forgiven fees is a good way to build cash
> reserves without asking for more donations.

MICE can't survive on donations.

> Is $11K annual a reasonable number for a MICE bank account?

In my opinion: yes.

--
Mike Horwath      ipHouse - Welcome home!       [log in to unmask]
        The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is