On Oct 5, 2012, at 11:50 AM, Dean Bahls <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Shaun and Richard,

I like and appreciate the work and thought that you guys have put into this.

The only comment I have is regarding the acquisition of new members.  Since MICE is still relatively young, I’d encourage us to look at ways to make it easy for companies to come on board.  Can we extend the life expectancy of hardware from 3 years to 5 or 6 years?  The switches really should live much longer than 3 years in the way we are using them.

And one question:  A significant portion of the annual cost is related to the Base Member Fee, and a large portion of that is associated with the Cologix-donated space and power fees that are currently forgiven.  I agree with the notion that charging members for those otherwise forgiven fees is a good way to build cash reserves without asking for more donations.  Is $11K annual a reasonable number for a MICE bank account?

It might be a little on the low side, but I think it's as good a starting point as any.

Owen