On 12/26/12 17:30 , Justin Krejci wrote:
Guessing Akamai helped feed lots of ipad/ipod activations and ios updates yesterday. Looks like we hit the 3gig mark from just Akamai alone almost.
The Christmas morning peak was interesting, but the Christmas Eve evening one wasn't bad either.  Especially since our traffic draw is down by more than a Gig from the normal due to winter break.  We will recover some next week after New Years.  But the Residence Halls are closed until just the weekend before class starts back up on January 22, so our traffic draw won't fully recover until late January.

We were regularly well above a Gig in early December and Late November, and barely braking 300 to 400Mb this week.

[log in to unmask]" alt="">

So 3 Gigs is really impressive with the very low draw from UMN.

David Farmer               Email: [log in to unmask]
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE     Phone: 1-612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029  Cell: 1-612-812-9952