Starting 2/4/13 at 05:44 CST, and intermittantly until something in
the 0600 hour we had a switch failure trigger spanning-tree blocking
on the networks that our DNS resolver, DNS authoritative and RADIUS
authentication servers are on (and a few internal non-customer facing
machines). This is a contination of the issues seen on 1/24/2013.

This primarily caused DNS name lookup failures, authoritative
DNS name lookups, and DSL/Dialup authentication errors while these
networks were blocked due to spanning tree loops. Connectivity for
other networks (ie. VMF, SV's, colo) would have been unaffected by
this outage.

We have this issued started being cleared by 8:00AM, and fully cleared
by 8:40AM CST, and the root cause was identified and removed from our
network. We will also be looking into further strengthening our
networking in these critical areas to prevent STP loops
(unfortunately, these switches don't support BPDUguard).

If you have any problems or questions please let us know at
[log in to unmask], or call us up at 612-337-6340.

Thank you.

          -- ipHouse/Goldengate/Bitstream/ProNS --