On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 07:39:52PM +0000, Anthony Anderberg wrote:
> I see the link from the Akamai cluster was above 9.5G too.   It's possible that could be the next bottleneck for full utilization of the exchange (and of Akamai's cluster).
> We certainly know that there will be more iOS upgrades in the future.

It looks like Akamai is climbing up to just about 7Gbps peaks during normal times, which
should probably be a trigger to get dual 10G to them..

Besides the large flow of Akamai->Gigapop/State of MN, it looks just
like going from Akamai's spikes, that the next biggest consumers all
around of Akamai output is about 600-700Mbps all on the main switch,
unless that ~2Gbps spike out to HE was related to Akamai traffic.

I don't think HE is too big a factor, but Gigapop & Akamai should
probably live on one switch, and we should talk to Akamai to double up
the connection.

          -- ipHouse/Goldengate/Bitstream/ProNS --