Anytime today (11th) or Friday (13th) are fine for me if anyone wanted to have a call.

I'd agree that Dave did a good job of summarizing the issues and Richard's responses are a reasonable evolution in our shared MICE journey.  I'd thought about  a combination of ASN/member specific passwords and leaving the graphs open to members but I'm not sure that would meet Martin's needs, especially in the nirvana of the future when his competition might also be MICE members.

Obviously under a "hidden graph" scenario members couldn't troubleshoot traffic bottlenecks across MICE themselves and people would need to continue to have  reasonable expectations about volunteer administrator's abilities to respond.  Part of the support for the current policy came from member's experiences of being frustrated by their provider's opaqueness in situations like the last iOS upgrade, but I think  everyone understands that some of Akamai's needs are a little different.

One loose end: Doug - can you remove that posting (or perhaps just the graph image) from the mailing list archive?

The "anonymous port" idea isn't a bad one either, but it doesn't seem as clean to me in terms of maintenance simplicity and perhaps in terms of anonymity given  the current port count and comparative traffic volumes.   Having said that I'll certainly work to implement whatever the group's new direction is, appreciate everyone's thoughts and support.

Cheers,

anthony

Anthony Anderberg

Sr. Systems Analyst