On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 06:29:44PM -0500, Doug McIntyre wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 04:03:03PM -0500, Doug McIntyre wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 12:19:08AM -0500, Doug McIntyre wrote:
> > > We've noticed this being unresponsive several times this evening.
> >
> > This is an actual hardware motherboard failure.
>
> I brought out the new machine this early evening, and it came up
> without a hitch.

Just an update on this, as I'm sure people have noticed that this
machine died horribly over the weekend, without any remedy by remote
reboot.

Same sort of issues, with PCI bus errors, and potential disk failure
log entries.

I went and visited the machine before lunch, brought another good disk
controller, and now neither controller card will work in the slot, and
PCI errors on either controller.

I can only assume that the original disk controller (which was moved over
due to the existing setup requiring that type of controller) is poison
and destroying PCIe slots and thus systems that it plugs into.

So, I think we'll try yet again, and burn in a system for a few days
first before hauling it back out to MICE again.

                    ~.~ ipHouse ~.~