> > As the server was not originally setup to run Cacti it does not have
> > a desirable amount of CPU and RAM. Since it is a VM the process to
> > upgrade the hardware is barely more time than a shutdown and boot up
> > will take.
> >
> > I am going to do this shortly so the server/site will be offline for
> > a few minutes and there'll be a small gap in the data possibly. I
> > will try and time it to be in between polling intervals so it may
> > not even miss any data.

> Awesome, thanks!

The actual upgrade was fully completed in between polls; however, I also attempted to tune the cacti poller process count to speed up the polling process. This did speed up the collection process significantly but also caused a little collateral damage as witnessed in the aggregate graphs for a short chunk of time. Some of the CNS switch data went missing. I simply reverted the cacti change (not the hardware upgrade) and everything is running smooth again. Since the polling process still completes well within the standard 5 min interval (40-50 seconds) the tuning change is not particularly important.

If anyone sees anything out of place on the site, please let me and Anthony know.

Thanks and apologies!