On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:29:38PM +0000, Koch, Andrew wrote:
> The UG 13 minutes make note that the exchange MTU is 9000 bytes.  Are other members configuring their routers for an MTU of 9000?

I don't know if this number came from anybody technical, or somebody
just stuck it in there as a desire to move to?

The Juniper switch stack is NOT configured for an MTU of 9000.
Nor is the Mankato extension.

dmcintyre@MICE-SW1> show int | match MTU
  Link-level type: Ethernet, MTU: 1514, Speed: 10Gbps, Duplex: Full-Duplex,
... every other interface matching MTU ...

In Juniper speak, MTU of 1514 == 1500 of Cisco (and just about
everybody else).

So, if anybody has thought of doing Jumbo frames, it isn't supported
at the core Juniper switch stack without updating the config.
The CMS switch may be different.

                    ~.~ ipHouse ~.~