Thanks. So effectively the conversation is dissolution of the LLC, not a conversion.

Filing the 501c6 paperwork isn't hard. Or costly. OIXA paid a CPA $900 to assist and we did most of the work with respect to the questions:

      http://www.open-ix.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/OIXA_501c6.pdf

The legal cost is standing up the corp. I believe _you can_ take donations for the purpose of the 501c6 formation as long as you have the corporation and an EIN in place. I am not positive that an LLC is compatible with a 501c6 filing, but that's why you need a lawyer. :)

The other problem we have is anti-trust. Please feel free to use our policy. In fact, we'll have it modified to name your group if you'd like us to (OIX will, that is)

      http://www.open-ix.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/OIX_AntiTrust_Compliance.pdf

We post everything there in including bylaws and articles. Feel free to use them to your hearts content.

Best,

-M<