Do the MICE route servers offer any way to control BGP announcement to specific peers? I didn’t see anything on the micemn.net website about ways to do that. With some of the larger content providers connecting to the exchange, the folks who have mostly inbound traffic might want a way to stop the route servers announcements to those potentially high traffic peers without entirely withdrawing advertisements to the route servers.

Some of the other exchanges we connect at let you send a community indicating the ASN you don’t want your prefixes advertisements to reach (e.g. you send a community of “0:11796” to stop the route servers from advertising your prefixes to Airstream). It would be nice to have something similar at MICE.  Is this something already supported that I missed? Or something that may be considered as a future feature?

Charles Monson

Associate Network Administrator

Airstream Communications, LLC

Wisconsin Independent Network, LLC