Starting today at 10:00AM, 11/1/2014 and lasting until 12:20PM CDT,
one of our storage systems, Zebi4 (usually shows up as -vol4) started
having latency problems again. This storage system services many
VMWare virtual machines, in various setups here for many customers.
It does not affect our own internal hosting, nor other services.

This instance let us zero in on a bug the storage vendor has, that we will
beat them up yet again about fixing, dealing with age of snapshots on
the volume suddenly causing latency once they are old enough.

We will be yelling at them yet again, they had assured us that this was
no longer an issue, but obviously it is. We'll be turning off snapshots
on our Zebi units until they can address and fix this bug. This should
mitigate all instances of this bug, and prevent it from showing up again.

We have all latency back to normal on all Zebi storage systems, and
are currently checking out all VMs that were affected to make sure they
are operating correctly.

If you still have any problems or questions please let us know at
[log in to unmask], or call us up at 612-337-6340.

We'll be monitoring the system to ensure it doesn't have any further
issues.

Thank you.
          -- ipHouse/Goldengate/Bitstream/ProNS --