On 12/5/14, 14:52 , Hannigan, Martin wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2014, at 3:33 PM, Reid Fishler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Marty-
>>    What facility would you like to create a leaf node in? There really is no other facility of note in the MSP area.
>>
>> Reid
>
> You tell me. I heard there was a Zayo or other competitive facility somewhere in the area. Perhaps the local team knows more?
>
> Best,

I think an alternate location is important and necessary for the
long-term stability of our market.  However, there are two near-term
problems, 501(c)(x) status (where probably x=6), and a hardware upgrade
that we need to focus on first.  An additional location is pointless if
we don't survive our burst of success in the current location.

I need to apologize, between travel in late October and early November,
a bad cold in Mid-November, and the holiday I haven't made much progress
on a upgrade plan.  I hope to make some good progress over the next
couple weeks.

A member survey of expansion plans was brought up, I think that is a
wonderful idea especially to provide some data to go with a upgrade
plan.  Is someone willing to take on the task of a member survey?

Thanks.

David Farmer               Email: [log in to unmask]
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE     Phone: 1-612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029  Cell: 1-612-812-9952