Senior Manager of Information Technology |
Arvig
ph: (218) 346-8673 | em: [log in to unmask]" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">[log in to unmask]

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Justin Krejci <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Has there been any serious push to institute a fee associated with connecting to MICE?
If not, can it be put on the agenda for the board to sort out/implement?
If not, can we do a referendum? (too lazy ATM to read if by-laws even allow a referendum)
<sarcasm>
If not, well it's been good while it lasted
</sarcasm>

I think MICE revenue generation (pre or post acquisition of IRS non-profit status) should be top priority at this point in time.

From: MICE Discuss [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Mike Horwath [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2014 2:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MICE-DISCUSS] Googling on IPv6 and HE to 20G

On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 09:08:02AM -0600, Andrew Hoyos wrote:

> Virtual Chassis backplane is only 128Gbps (2x64Gbps), which seems
> like alot, but given how much of traffic the exchange is doing,>
> could quickly become an oversubscribed bottleneck.

Or just move to 4550's at $9K each + cables for 256Gbps (2x128Gbps)
stacking, and even add in the QSFP module for 40Gbps additional
capacity.

This is all resolvable with money - money from port fees would have
covered this.

Poking the dead-horse that really is alive and kicking.

Leading from behind! I am Hindmost, back-seat driver, and overall
captain obvious..

--
Mike Horwath, reachable via [log in to unmask]