Money will ALWAYS be able to buy fiber. Heck, Jay can plow it for us if the $'s get high enough. My point just was that I don't think someone will give us fiber between sites, a system to support said fiber channels, and the rack/space/etc. I welcome someone if they want to do so...we are not married to one site, just looking at the honest facts.

Reid

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Mike Horwath <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 04:39:07PM -0500, Reid Fishler wrote:
> Dark fiber in MSP isn't plentiful. I wish it was!

I can't agree with this.

I would change it to: Dark fiber in MSP isn't plentiful in an
affordable fashion.

Cause that's the issue.  When Zayo wants $5K to run from 2nd Ave S and
4 St to 511 you know something is up and it ain't the fiber.

(this is directly a quote from Zayo for a single pair even though AFS
was across the aisle and of the <billion> fibers there almost nothing
was lit on the panel that I could see)

--
Mike Horwath, reachable via [log in to unmask]

--
Reid Fishler
Director