On 12/31/14 10:49 AM, Hannigan, Martin wrote:

> How much are your cross connect fees?

Marty,

Without sounding like a "us too" message, I'm also publicly offering
that ipHouse become a leaf node. Many of you heard from me off list
about this last fall.

Connecting a leaf node to the core of MICE is something that needs to be
considered before making any decision as how to expand the exchange.  An
important differentiator for ipHouse, we have the capacity to get to the
511 via our existing connection.

We are proposing that we connect the ipHouse facility to MICE with 10G
optics (expandable as growth occurs) on our existing dark fiber
connection. We can provide MICE any necessary space and power within the
ipHouse facility.

To answer your question directly about cross connects, there are fees to
connect into the ipHouse data center from elsewhere in our building, but
for those who are colocated within our data center, a GigE cross connect
to MICE is included with colo.

Our facility is very well connected, below is a list of carriers with
networks in our building. There are several individual networks under
common ownership here (e.g. Zayo or Windstream), but the individual
network footprints have reach, which could be attractive to potential
members of MICE.

CenturyLink / Qwest (QC/QCC)
Cologix / MN Gateway / FWR
Enventis (Hickorytech / CP Telecom)
Integra (Electric Lightwave / Frontier)
Level3 (Global Crossing / Time Warner Telecom)
TDS Metrocom  (US Link)
Verizon / MCI / WorldCom / Metropolitan Fiber Systems
Windstream (KDL / McLeod / Norlight/ PAETEC)
Zayo (360 Networks / American Fiber Systems / Touch America)

It sounds like this is a topic that should be on the agenda.

Bil

--
Bil K. MacLeslie | TGWGTD | ipHouse | www.ipHouse.com
Office: 612-337-6337 | Direct: 612-337-6206 | Cell: 612-618-1218