I agree. We all need to make efforts to improve the stability of the exchange. This is causing Atomic issues with reliability and we are considering bypassing the exchange for our critical traffic.

________________________________
From: MICE Discuss <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Andrew Hoyos <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2015 4:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MICE-DISCUSS] Packet loss across the exchange

I thought some sort of loop detection / storm control was configured recently? Do we need to revisit that? Seems like shutting down a port (even if a leaf node) at 10% broadcast limit would be better than effecting the whole exchange. With proper config, this shouldn't be possible (or at least the effects minimized to a single port).

I'd be happy to volunteer time/join a team to help accomplish.

--
Andrew Hoyos

 Larry Patterson
 CTO
 ----
 Atomic Data  //  Safe. Simple. Smart.(tm)
 615 North 3rd Street
 Minneapolis, MN 55401
 Main  //  612.466.2000
 Direct  //  612.466.2080