On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 16:24 -0600, Andrew Hoyos wrote:
> I thought some sort of loop detection / storm control was configured
> recently? Do we need to revisit that? Seems like shutting down a port
> (even if a leaf node) at 10% broadcast limit would be better than
> effecting the whole exchange. With proper config, this shouldn’t be
> possible (or at least the effects minimized to a single port).

The config is listed here:
http://micemn.net/technical.html

Specifically:
set ethernet-switching-options storm-control interface X/X/X bandwidth 100000
- and on Cisco -
storm-control broadcast level 20.00

I can't say personally whether that's actually applied, but I believe
that's been completed.

Maybe it wasn't applied to the ports facing remote switches. Can anyone
with access to the switches comment on that?

I'm not sure off the top of my head what level of traffic these numbers
represent.

--
Richard