On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 03:16:09PM +0000, Derek Poehls wrote:
> In regards to route server hardware.  We have 6 older Dell 1950???s we???ve recently pulled out if they could be of use?

Nevin@Arcustech has graciously donated a Dell PE R805 to MICE for use as a RR.

We specificily choose it with a SAS6/i controller, which is a non
battery backed RAID controller, so the deep battery drain/charge cycle
that I see glitch out the disks sometimes wouldn't be an issue.

After micemn-02 ate it last week, I had actually taken one of ipHouse
surplus PE 1950 with a SAS6/i controller down to MICE to replace
micemn-02, so it has been up since then.

I think that with the refresh of micemn-01 with the newer Dell and with
specificly choosing that controller, I think MICE RR's will be in a good spot.

I'm currently awaiting a batch of DRAC cards that I bought for it to arrive
and I'll take the R805 down to 511 to replace micemn-01.

I'm thinking with the different RAID HBAs that the stability will be
improved and this won't be an issue.

The actual resources required by the RR's are nothing, but it is the
redundancy and stability that we need.

                    ~.~ ipHouse ~.~