From: MICE Discuss [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Richard Laager [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 3:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MICE-DISCUSS] MICE Governance Documents

I would still like to see operators of remote switches (e.g. Mankato Networks) be allowed to be members.

PROPOSAL 1A:

In order to qualify for membership, a member shall be: (i) an operator of an Internet Protocol network which has one or more direct, or approved indirect, connections to Midwest Internet Cooperative Exchange LLC’s (the “Company”) switches; or (ii) an operator of equipment providing approved indirect connections.

PROPOSAL 1B:
[ If we feel it is important to allow for Cologix (and similar companies in the future) to be members, then... ]

In order to qualify for membership, a member shall be: (i) an operator of an Internet Protocol network which has one or more direct, or approved indirect, connections to Midwest Internet Cooperative Exchange LLC’s (the “Company”) switches; (ii) an operator of equipment providing approved indirect connections; or (iii) an operator of a colocation data center in which the Company's switches are located.

I'd like to see this sentence change:

CURRENT:
A member may be elected or appointed to membership by the Board.

PROPOSAL 2A:
A member may be elected or appointed to membership.

PROPOSAL 2B:
A member may be elected to membership by the members or appointed to membership by the Board.

--
Richard