Also, are we afraid of using the term "switch" instead of the generic term "equipment?" Are there situations where there is member connectivity that does not involve the use of a switch specifically? Are just preparing in case ATM makes a move to over? 53 bytes FTW!

I could see someone potentially provide layer 1 type equipment (xWDM) to provide an extension.

I don't really understand the use case of doing something remote with no attached members other than someone builds a remote and then hopes that someone connects in the future.

--
Jay Hanke
CTO