Sounds good, we could probably pickup the new dell servers under our hardware support for server parts if they don't have coverage currently.
We get 24x7x4 parts sourcing from IBM logistics (yes they carry dell parts).
I'd just need the service tags and model info off of them.

On Mar 27, 2015 10:25 AM, "Doug McIntyre" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 07:13:12AM -0500, Anton Kapela wrote:
> Given the use case (safety > perf), perhaps the route server storage would be best matched by something like a sync-mounted file system, raid1 with no cache enabled, or read cache only with a forced write-through?

Everything has all been RAID1, the old setup had the write-back cache,
all the new setups don't have battery backed up cache, so they are all
write-through setups.

I'm not sure SSD would bring much, so far it has been controller failures,
and not disk failures. Everything has all been enterprise grade drives in
every iteration.

--
Doug McIntyre                            <[log in to unmask]>
                    ~.~ ipHouse ~.~