On 06/04/2015 03:53 PM, Hannigan, Martin wrote:
>> On Jun 4, 2015, at 1:52 PM, Reid Fishler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> Marty-
>>   There is no reason at all to put a core node where there are no peers.If at some point the users wish to make any extension node a core node, that can be voted on. SIX does this successfully, there is no reason why we cannot as well.
>>
>> Reid
> We disagree.
>
> Best,
>
> -M<

It has been a long day so maybe I'm just not thinking clearly.

But, what exactly is a "core" node in this context?  Looking over the
SIX page at: https://www.seattleix.net/topology.html  I can't see how
the Extension switches that are connected to their Arista switch are any
different than their Extreme & Nexus switches that are in their "core".
Is "core" determined by who owns it?  who maintains it?  number of
connected hosts?  "network-central" location?  total bandwidth?
spanning tree priority (!!!)?  Is there some layer 3 routing in there
somewhere?

I'm confused!  Please enlighten me!