On 6/4/15 15:48 , Hannigan, Martin wrote:
>> On Jun 4, 2015, at 12:14 PM, Reid Fishler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> Marty-
>>    As with SIX, the node operates as an extension. The core switch/switches will remain in Cologix.
>
> Suboptimal, unfortunately.

Yes, this is not fully optimal yet, I want to see at least a second core
site eventually.  However, given;

1. This is our first announced remote site.
2. There are other remote sites in the pipeline, I believe.
3. Finally, none of the remote sites are even operational yet.

Therefore, I suggest we defer the issue of another core site until the
remote site picture develops a little bit.  At this point picking the
correct facility for an additional core site is premature, we are more
likely to pick wrong than right at this point.

I'm happy to consider the issue when there are operational remote sites
with more than 2 or 3 participants each.

Thanks

David Farmer               Email: [log in to unmask]
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE     Phone: 1-612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029  Cell: 1-612-812-9952