On Jul 24, 2015, at 10:52 PM, Doug McIntyre <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 08:10:24PM -0500, Jason Hanke wrote:
>> Can someone log in and pull the alarms?
>
> The alarm lit right now is just "boot from backup root".
> The software upgrade should clear that.

or running ‘request system snapshot media internal slice alternate’ will copy the active partition to the primary partition.

That might be wise to do now, as it will repair the primary partition immediately.

> This is the start of the logs around the time the 4500 rebooted tonight
> Lots of info (pages and pages more), probably none too relevent to any issue.

Can we toss these logs up somewhere semi-public so folks can peek at them, along with all the support info?

‘request support information | save /var/tmp/MICE-ISSUE-072415.txt’
‘file archive compress source MICE-ISSUE-072415.txt destination MICE-ISSUE-072415.txt.tgz’

> Probably getting up to the current recommended code base for this
> hardware is the best course of action. (JunOS 12.3 has been working
> very well for our Juniper EX switch stacks).

I know the upgrade was being done for other reasons too, but I’d suggest opening a JTAC case so they can at least look at what happened here, before blindly upgrading without knowing the root cause. I’m pretty sure someone paid for support on these recently, right?

I’d happily do so with Juniper and volunteer some time…..

--
Andrew Hoyos