Sure, but why does that matter with respect to the IXP fabric? It’s misleading to some extent, along the lines you’ve explained. The idea behind IXP statistics is about volume. Networks typically use it as a gauge of value and especially when there are two IXPs competing in a market. The 5m sampling benchmark is also not a de-facto standard, it’s a fully fledged standard.

It is nice that the graph is clear about the sample rate though so not a complaint, pointing out an oddity as contrasted to 99% of the IXP world. There’s really no need for the MICE to be doing 1m IMHO.

Best,

-M<