On Oct 6, 2015, at 17:46, Bil MacLeslie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Shortly after 5:10pm this afternoon we started seeing an aggregate of 8 Gbps across our upstream connections.  This extreme influx of traffic caused several services on the network to become sluggish in their response.  We are currently hunting down where it is going to so we can blackhole it and drop it before we see the traffic currently filling up our pipes.

We have identified the target of this attack, and blocked all incoming traffic to it. This removed the attack’s impact on the rest of our network. All of our services are back to normal as of 5:58 PM Central time.

Internet access service (i.e. DSL), e-mail, and shared Web hosting services were affected by this attack. Our DNS servers were also affected, so if you noticed disruption to your other services with us, it was probably because of that; everything but DNS resolution remained normal for you.

Some of our shared Web hosting services are still affected. We’re actively working on several different ways to restore that service to normal.

If you’re still experiencing problems, or have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 612-337-6340 or e-mail [log in to unmask] We will return voice mails throughout the evening. Thanks very much for your patience and understanding, and please accept our apologies for the trouble.

--
James Renken, Sr. Systems Architect
ipHouse - https://www.iphouse.com/