On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 09:18:34PM -0600, Andrew Hoyos wrote:
> Some time ago, I recall a discussion and/or email thread about BGP action communities on the route servers (i.e.: don’t advertise to certain peers, prepends, etc).
> Are these in place, and if so, documented anywhere? If not, could I volunteer some cycles to get in place?

No, we haven't come up with the BIRD configs to support that. There was
just one specific case setup and done.

If you want to supply BIRD magic to do that, it would be appreciated.

Some areas identified already as sticking points have been 32-bit
AS's do need to be supported (We do have at least one member with a
32-bit AS). Otherwise, it looks like BIRD should be able to do it.
We are running a fairly up-to-date version.

The main impetuous before was to prevent route distribution to
such-and-such CDN so they don't overload your pipe.

                    ~.~ ipHouse ~.~