Hi folks,

One of the things that was discussed in the meeting yesterday as change control and config backups. Perhaps along those same lines, we should think about also backing up the graph data somewhere. I’m not sure where any of this data physically lives right now, but perhaps it would make sense to put somewhere *other* than the 511 bldg.

I’d like to offer up a VM donation located in Madison, WI to at least run RANCID to grab config backups of the IX switches, as well as a backup target for any data (graphs, route-server config, etc).

Effort involved should be minimal, but we’d happily take point on getting RANCID set up and configured as well, and sending diffs to the technical committee, as well as whomever else might see value in seeing config changes happen (perhaps a list?)

Let me know, and we’ll make it happen.

--
Andrew Hoyos