Posting to announce list now

Shaun Carlson
Director of Information Technology | Arvig
ph: (218) 346.8673 | em: [log in to unmask]

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 5:24 AM -0700, "Jason Hanke" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This is the right list. Not everyone follows it.

On Apr 27, 2016 7:17 AM, "Hannigan, Martin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I haven't seen this approach to an administrative operational message before. Isnt this the right list? This is routine stuff.  *shrug*

Best,

-M<

On Apr 27, 2016, at 08:07, Jeremy Lumby <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks Marty, If someone with appropriate permissions could copy Marty's email to the announce list, I feel it should reach more of the membership since not everyone monitors the discuss list.

From: MICE Discuss [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hannigan, Martin
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MICE-DISCUSS] Update for Akamai (AS 20940) < > MICE

Greetings everyone. And Reid. :-)

Our implementation is proceeding and we’re projecting that we’ll be moving bits back to the exchange in the next few weeks.

Unfortunately, we’re dropping our route server sessions permanently. Everyone who is now route server only will need to established bi lateral peering. Send your peering request to [log in to unmask] with the requisite details (ASN, peer addresses). If you had a direct session previously, we have not forgotten it and there’s no need to restate. Traffic will return slowly, first with our SSL bits and then full on edge a few weeks after that.

Thanks for your patience and for helping to build a better Internet in MSP.

Best,

Martin Hannigan // AS 20940 // AS 32787