Ooops!  Yes.  That should be per year, not per month.

I originally was thinking of a monthly charge, but then realized the paperwork/hassle factor wouldn't be worth it.  I missed the change on the 1Gbps line.

On 06/16/2016 02:29 PM, Jeremy Lumby wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

Do you mean 1Gbps    $200/year ?

From: MICE Discuss [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steve Howard
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 2:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MICE-DISCUSS] One-time port fees

Here is a starting point for a discussion:

1Gbps    $200/month
10Gbps    $1000/year

Everybody invoiced ANNUALLY. First year/partial year free.  i.e.  Whoever is active on January 1 gets a bill.

All amounts are suggested donations (for now).  i.e.  You won't be disconnected if you don't pay (yet).  However that could change at any time.  Especially if we run out of ports, in that case the members who have historically paid for their port(s) take precedence over those who haven't.

End users of remote switches pay as above.  Remote switches do not pay as long as their end users pay enough to make up for the ports used by the remote switch.  For example, the CNS switch has 3x10Gbps ports connecting to the main MICE switch.  The five CNS end users pay $1,000 each, this covers the $3,000 cost of the three ports to the CNS switch.  If CNS has only two users paying $1,000 each, then CNS would owe $1,000.