This isn't exactly a detection/mitigation solution, but we use the CYMRU UTRS service to help us reduce our share of the problem:

http://www.team-cymru.org/UTRS/
https://www.cymru.com/jtk/misc/utrs.html

I encourage everyone to check it out.  It's free, and as more organizations participate it becomes more effective.