On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 02:23:00PM -0500, Jeremy Lumby wrote:
> That would make sense, then we are just down to how traffic can leave the 4200 without going across a vcp

Most likely we'd have to kick off (umm. move) the three members that
are fiber 1G connections in the expansion slot on the 4200, get a 10G
card, optics for both sides, etc.  Then decide if we are going to run
virtual chassis protocol, or just layer-2 uplink into the two other switches.

Or we move the 19 active 1G copper members + 3 1G fiber members off the 4200
altogether and eat up ports on the 4550 with 19 copper SFPs. Then we wouldn't
have to do "Mixed-mode Virtual-Chassis" then either.

> Although- it looks like so far all the paths with loss seem to have "vcp-1" in them?

As I've stated multiple times, I think since VCP is active/passive,
there is only one active ring around the the VC through VCP-1 now,
and I would expect to see vcp-1 in all paths through the EX4200.

We can swap active and passive with the command I posted previously.
That way we can troubleshoot if there is a port/cable issue, or if it is
an issue with the device itself.

Or it could be a defect in this coderev (although I doubt it).

                    ~.~ ipHouse ~.~