On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 11:01:00PM -0500, Jeremy Lumby wrote:
> This leads me to wonder if there is possibly an issue with the stacking modules, or they are being saturated.

Your understanding of the vc port speeds is correct.

The VCP ports are built into the EX4200 and EX4500. The EX4550 has addon
cards that do those functions. We can devote a port to VCP functionality
instead, but it'll be a 10G limit instead of 32G

The VCP ports are 32Gbps single direction in each port. So in the dual-ring
the cables have are 32Gbps in each direction.

You can see which ports are connected to what. (FPC0 is the EX4500,
FPC1 is the EX4200, FPC2 is the EX4550).

show virtual-chassis active-topology
fpc0:
  Destination ID        Next-hop

  1                    2(vcp-1.32768)  1(vcp-0.32768)

  2                    2(vcp-1.32768)

fpc1:
  Destination ID        Next-hop

  0                    0(vcp-0.32768)  2(vcp-1.32768)

  2                    2(vcp-1.32768)

fpc2:
  Destination ID        Next-hop

  0                    0(vcp-255/2/0.32768)

  1                    1(vcp-255/2/3.32768)

You can monitor each of the VCP ports on each of the members. I don't think
we are close to saturation.

request session member 1
(ie. rlogin to the EX4200 switch).

monitor int vcp-0
Interface: vcp-0, Enabled, Link is Up
Encapsulation: Virtual-Chassis-Interface, Speed: 32000mbps
Traffic statistics:                                              Current delta
  Input bytes:               25685118521                               [12138]
  Output bytes:              27856843010                               [13204]
  Input packets:                33377693                                  [16]
  Output packets:               33371644                                  [16]
Error statistics:
  Input errors:                        0                                   [0]
  Input drops:                         0                                   [0]
  Input framing errors:                0                                   [0]
  Carrier transitions:                 0                                   [0]
  Output errors:                       0                                   [0]
  Output drops:                        0                                   [0]

vcp-1 on FPC1 is much less usage. Still zero error stats. All switches
show zero error stats on any of the respective VCP port status.

I suppose further troubleshooting could be to replace the VCP cables
one by one coming out of the EX4200.

Its too bad that we've got the quad fiber expansion in the EX4200,
another test could be to put the dual 10G expansion in it, and make
those VCP ports and make the VC fabric over those ports instead. But
we've got 3 member ports lit on that quad 1G fiber.

                    ~.~ ipHouse ~.~