On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 11:27:38AM -0500, Levi Pederson wrote:
> I was unaware of the 5200.  That sounds like a great solution depending
> interconnect solutions etc.

No mention of Junipers newish multi-Tbps switches?
QFX10002-72Q is even targeted to IXPs.
$200k a pop might be a bit much right now though.

>> RE: graphing VCP throughput

I've found some SLAX scripts, but they mention it puts the load real
high on the switch for exporting the data they way they do it.

I previously gave some online 'monitor int' stats showing traffic throughput
in the mbps on the VCP links on the FPC1. I don't think throughput is
an issue on the VCP backplane.
Just adding up the traffic on the LG graph in my head quickly for anything
on FPC1, I get maybe 600-700Mbps unidirectional traffic.

I'd expect more along the lines of a bad cable or bad port.

Or it could be something along the lines of going from the 64bps on
the 4550 down to the 32gbps port on the 4200, and we could think about
ditching the 4200.  We could try to transition some members onto the 4550.
But that requires new copper SFPs.

                    ~.~ ipHouse ~.~