On Sep 7, 2016, at 15:15, Brady Kittel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I agree that we should pay our fair share. Largely we just need to get a bill that we can pay with a PO and it isn't a problem.

That said is they're ever a scenario that discounting port fees for an entity would have a net benefit for the exchange?

The example I have in mind is PCH, whom we’re working to bring in: they’re a non-profit and will bring anycast root server instances (I believe E-root and L-root) right onto MICE. I believe we were also floating the idea of an inter-IXP connection to Winnipeg, which would be another case where I’d like to propose waiving port fees. Maybe a case-by-case basis?

--
James Renken, Sr. Systems Architect
ipHouse - https://www.iphouse.com/