I will be in Costa Rica for LACNIC on that date. As such, I will unfortunately be unable to attend,
even remotely.

As such, I would like to take this opportunity to make a brief statement for the consideration of
the membership regarding my candidacy…

As most of you know, I have been a fan of MICE virtually since its inception. I think that the
leadership to date has done an excellent job keeping MICE as an open volunteer-run community
exchange and I would appreciate the opportunity to continue in that tradition.

I believe that my long history serving the community as a member of the ARIN Advisory Council
and my record as an active participant on various community-oriented lists for many years
shows my commitment to the community and my desire to serve. I believe that in terms of
skills and abilities I have the necessary understanding of the community and the
environment and structure of exchange points and peering, not only in terms of the people
and networks involved, but also the fiscal realities and the efforts involved in keeping
this a vibrant and effective effort on behalf of the community.

I appreciate your consideration and your confidence. If you have any questions, please feel
free to email me at any time.

Owen DeLong
[log in to unmask] (work)
[log in to unmask] (personal)