Mathew,

Is the dropped traffic crossing the Exchange from the 4200 to one of the other switches or is it random?

Thank you,

Levi Pederson
Mankato Networks LLC
cell | 612.481.0769
work | 612.787.7392

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Matthew Beckwell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Greetings,
I wanted to see if anyone here has any thoughts on a small amount (<1%) of packet loss I've been trying to chase down, specific to the MICE EX4200 switch.

Aitech/AS13746 has a 1G copper port on the EX4200 switch.  It seems that we're seeing a small amount of outbound packet loss (1G to 10G) going participants outside of the EX4200 switch.

I might expect this going from 10G to 1G (inbound for us), but it's the opposite where we see the problem: 1G to 10G participants.

Doug at ipHouse (ge-1/0/3 on the EX4200) fired up iperf and we did some testing. They're in the same situation: Loss leaving the EX4200.  Specifically, I was testing over to US Internet (xe-0/0/14) but seeing it via Onvoy as well.

The iperf test I was running was UDP, bandwidth of 69000, and packet size of 172, running in both directions.  Essentially--emulating a G.711 SIP call (which is how I noticed the loss).  I tested with no loss in both directions within the EX4200.

Doug mentioned:

>I pulled the VC chassis stats, but it has nothing for drops or re-transmits for it.

Maybe some of our Juniper-centric members have suggestions?  It's quite possible it's always been like this-- the loss is small enough that's managed to evade monitoring.  I suspect everyone on the EX4200 is affected.

~Matthew