From: MICE Discuss [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matthew Beckwell
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 11:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MICE-DISCUSS] EX4200 (1G Switch) Packet Loss -> 10G Participants

I think graphing the VC links is a fantastic idea, if we can figure out how to do that.

Do we know what JunOS they're running?  I think our combined Cacti powers are strong enough to make this happen :)

Couple of things I'm thinking of:

-Loss is fairly low low and fairly consistent...(e.g. not time of day sensitive...I think Jeremy confirmed this).  Also, I don't see a latency spike like you might see with saturation...it feels more like clock slips.  (Maybe backplane stuff acts/feels different, I don't know.)

-As jay mentioned, a good majority of traffic is CDN -> Eyeball.  But I it doesn't seem like there would be a whole lot of CDN traffic leaving the 4200 that would generate enough traffic to cause stack congestion. (We only see loss in one direction).  But...that's something we can probably rule out easy enough.

For additional data...I'd be curious to see the output of the various "show virtual-chassis" commands Andrew suggested:

show virtual-chassis vc-path source-interface ge-1/0/15 destination-interface xe-0/0/14

show virtual-chassis vc-path source-interface ge-1/0/15 destination-interface xe-2/0/11

~Matthew