On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 10:10:00AM -0500, Jeremy Lumby wrote:
> I agree standards would help, however I know that my personal
> donations to MICE would probably have been far less if I was forced
> to do it on a corporate standard schedule, and lets remember
> donations like that got us here, and I would prefer not to lose
> donors over standards, and I do not feel membership will be impacted
> because of lack of standards since all of our current members have
> gotten along quite well all this time without them.

These aren't corporate standard schedules.

While I am now on the outside of the service provider world, and no
longer a direct member of MICE in any capacity (mailing list doens't
count), I do feel that we should have something defined and adhered to
for the benefit of the group as a whole.

We didn't get here all willy nilly, using 1994 ISP style operations.

Should there be defined announcement windows for scheduled
maintenance? I think most everyone would agree that would be a yes.

Should there be notifications of unscheduled outages, maintenance,
lunch changes? Yes but this would be looser for timeframes. In the
heat of the moment would you rather see work done to further forward
the repair or would you like notifications every 15 minutes that
things are still broken? Tough stuff..

--
Mike Horwath, reachable via [log in to unmask]