On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 02:07:39PM -0500, Doug McIntyre wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 08:21:54AM -0500, Mike Horwath wrote:
>
> > EX4550 is 32 ports base, 48 ports with addon cards.
>
> It is 32 + 8 ports if you want to use the back expansion slot to house
> a VC card instead. The 4550 doesn't have built-in VC (unlike the 4200/4500)
> (technically the VC card is slotted into the 4500, but I've never seen one
> bought without it there). So the EX4500 can do more ports than a EX4550.

Ooh I didn't know that! Thanks!

> The QFX5200-32C can get into newer technologies like adding 25G/50G
> and 100G capable ports. Again using breakout cables to breakout ports
> into the "slower" speeds we are running, and can get into the range of
> 128 x 10GB ports with breakout cables in 1U.
>
> The QFX10002-36Q is much like the above, and can get into 144 x 10G
> ports with breakout cables, but I know the price on this switch pushes
> now into 6 figures.

I have to assume that regardless they are expensive.

If only that non-profit thing were in place *today*.

A lot of work and I don't envy anyone having to do it.

But I, and I don't think I am alone, am not donating money until there
is a formal organization wrapped up in pretty bows. I have faith,
though. This is coming and there will be much celebration.

--
Mike Horwath, reachable via [log in to unmask]