On 04.10.2016 20:52, Richard Laager wrote:
> Is it implied that BFD is always for bi-lateral sessions only? Or do
> some routers allow configuring BFD separately from BGP in some useful
> way? (I don't think mine do.)

Would have to be per session to be useful.  I'm not aware of any IXPs
doing BFD on route servers - it's something worth discussing, and it may
be fine with fairly conservative timers, but I suspect members
interested in utilizing BFD will probably also want to set up bilateral
with those peers.

> Colin, does Supranet support BFD for both AS4150 and AS5683, or just
> the
> former?

4150.  You can actually remove 5683 from the website - it's not
currently connected and we likely won't be bringing it back.

--
Colin Baker
SupraNet Communications, Inc.

This message is subject to the SupraNet Email Confidentiality Policy
which is located at http://supranet.net/confidentiality