On 25.10.2016 09:40, Andrew Hoyos wrote:

> Lack of a surplus of cash or charging fees seems to have little if
> nothing to do with having some operational norms and
> processes/timelines that we could all agree to follow.
>
> I’m not discounting Doug’s willingness to do the upgrade at all, it’s
> the process by which it’s happened, and I think we can do better as a
> group to bring some sane operational due process and some standards we
> can all agree to follow as a community when it comes to things like
> this (upgrades, changes, etc) to minimize impact to the IX and it’s
> members.
>
> If folks feel differently as a group, I’ll bite my tongue and turn the
> other way — but we’re big enough now where folks are paying attention
> to this sort of thing.
>
> My suggestion would be for the formal creation of a technical
> committee by the board, which can work on and implement these
> operational details in a way that works for everyone.

I remember some discussion in a MICE UG meeting a few years back that
some larger networks may have strict requirements that must be met in
order to connect to the exchange.  We've added some big content
providers recently, which I'm thrilled to see, but I think establishing
some defined and documented standards can only help continue the growth.

--
Colin Baker
SupraNet Communications, Inc.

This message is subject to the SupraNet Email Confidentiality Policy
which is located at http://supranet.net/confidentiality