The board has received a request for a new remote switch. In accordance
with our procedures, I'm bringing this to the community for discussion.
After this, the board will vote on the proposal.

The switch would be operated by MN VoIP. It would be located in
Cologix's suite 100 in the 511 Building.

Jeremy Lumby wrote:
> I would promise to notify any members connecting to the switch that
> they are not on the main switch, upgrade my link to the main MICE
> switch if the traffic goes above 66% and impose MAC, and BDPU limits
> on all member facing ports connecting to the remote switch.  To get
> started I would upgrade to a 10G single port LAG

The switch may not be dedicated to MICE. As such, the MICE technical
committee may not have configuration access to the switch. SNMP access
(for graphing individual ports) also may not be available, depending on
build out.

--
Richard