On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 10:19:05AM -0600, Steve Howard wrote:
>     How many 1G ports are on the Arista?

Any of the 10G ports can be run at 1G.  Likewise, any of the 100G
ports can be broken out to 4 x 10G, 4 x 25G, 1? x 40G, 2 x 50G or 1 x 100G.
with the correct breakout cables.

>     Would we continue to use the original switch for 1G ports?

I think that would be the best course of action. Right now that is
dual-10G connected to the main 10G switch stack.

>     Do the existing switch and Arista support the same form-factor
>     optics?

Yes, SFP+ form factor for 10G. QSFP for higher speeds.

> i.e. Is there a requirement to purchase new optics to be
>     connected to the new switch under your proposal?

Arista says they will disable the vendor lockin on the optics for this deployment.

                    ~.~ ipHouse ~.~