On 12/1/16 11:00 AM, Jason Hanke wrote:
>     1 - How does $1800 / year cover the costs of actually DOING the
>     accounting, e.g. creating new members & invoices, processing
>     payments, calling on collections, etc.  This number seems low to me.
>     Additional thought, some entities will want to pay with a credit
>     card, we should prepare for this and cover the costs of processing
>     payments in the budget.
>

> Neutral Path is currently donating bookkeeping services to the exchange.
> By Neutral Path I really mean Kayla. This is factored into the current
> budget. Other than the proposed new invoicing there are less than 10
> transactions per year. We can use Paypal to process credit cards the fee
> is about 3%.

Jason / All

I certainly appreciate the volunteering, but going forward it makes
sense to allocate budget to cover the true costs of services the
exchange needs - even if that budget isn't used.

Think about the future. If Neutral Path were to be sold, the new owner
may not have the same altruistic attitude that you have. And the
exchange should be prepared by having the financial ability to move to
another solution readily.

Bil

--
Bil K. MacLeslie | TGWGTD | ipHouse | www.ipHouse.com
Office: 612-337-6337 | Direct: 612-337-6206 | Cell: 612-618-1218